No, I'm doing neuroscience, but I got to go up to the medical school to look at a brain and it's great up there. I've also spoke to quite a few first and second year medics in the union, and they love it :)
Thats great to hear :) hope to see you around one day!
Is there a more interesting and applicable area of ethics? I think not! I seriously have so much love for learning medical ethics. I’m thinking of intercalating in it. Medical ethics is so cool people!
8) General Practice, i just don’t fancy it, i want to work in a hospital when people are at their most vulnerable, not dealing with them before hospital. I understand how vital they are, and they probably have the hardest job of all, as everything that comes through the door is unknown, but it simply does not appeal to me.
32) Get the grades. Just having maybe an interview or an offer for medical school would leave me happy. Maybe go on holiday somewhere nice. I dunno, just try and be normal for as long as possible.
38) Tough one. Maybe hearing, i could still operate without, but i would miss music!
7. Which field of medicine fascinates you the most? Why?
8. Which speciality of medicine would you least want to enter? Why?
9. Post your favourite science related GIF.
10. Do people consider you to be a "nerd"?
11. Favourite quote.
12. What is your view on euthanasia?
13. Recommend a book.
14. Favourite Pokemon.
15. Least favourite part of the human anatomy.
16. The person who "asks" this shall name an organ of the human body. Write your response.
17. Do you believe in evolution?
18. What do you think of the human reproductive system?
19. Ask the person who asks you this question - a question. (:
20. What is your view on stem cells.
21. What do you think about abortion?
22. Ever been involved in a protest? Explain.
23. There are many statements in the world that confuse us all and could possibly be a lie. In this case:" There are seven other people who look like you in this world." Do you believe this?
24. Many people would dislike working on the Gastro- ward. We're all human. Would you?
25. Define the enthalpy of combustion.
26. What's your view on the education system?
27. What does "Schrodinger's cat" mean to you?
28. 1+1 = ?
29. Define your love for something in one sentence.
30. Why does "E=mc2"?
31. Favourite scientific icon.
32. What would you do if you found out you had an inoperable tumour and had six months to live?
33. "Favourite" Disease.
34. Recite the Kreb's cycle.
35. What is your favourite book?
36. Your view on Global Warming.
37. Favourite part of the brain?
38. If you had to lose one of your main five senses which would you choose?
39. Imagine if a a person falls unconcious on the street. You are walking by. Would you run to help and do life saving cpr if necessary? OR A person has been stabbed in the leg. Would you help them knowing the scene is unsafe for you?
40. Create a bar / pie chart. What would it be about?
41. Do you have any Sodium Hypobromite?
42. Favourite science related blog.
43. What else do you love besides what you're studying?
44. Have you ever wanted to conduct a science experiment? If so, what?
45. Why is stress such a risk factor for other health issues?
46. Nano,Giga,Milli, Mega.Micro,Tera,Kilo,Pico. -- Name the "powers of 10" for these prefixes.
47. Balance the equation NaCl + SO2 + H2O + O2 --> Na2SO4 + HCl Using The Algebaric Method.
48. How beautiful is the universe?
49. Pick Two - Intelligence, Beauty, Money, Family.
50. Favourite hormone.
51. Love me.
52. Compliment yourself.
53. Favourite troll face.
54. Biggest pet peeve.
55. What would be your ideal lifestyle?
56. Biggest dream?
57. Any regrets?
58. Current book you're reading.
59. If you could live on any planet which would you choose?
All I think about is my career, I’m becoming a recluse. I have never wanted something so much in my entire life. I want to save lives and meet new people everyday and help people through the worst times of their life. I’m obsessed.
I love how this part of your page is named "Asked the doctor". Anyways. You posted a picture of you holding something related to the Student BMJ? May I ask what it was? I heard about people subscribing to the site but wasn't sure what it's all about. Thank you. (:
Yeah :) it’s the paper copy of the magazine, basically it’s the BMJ but focused on medical student, if you go to BMJ.com you can subscribe. You can either get all the content online or have a paper copy. It’s like £21 I think :)
Negativity (as in negative events) makes us who we are, with out negativity, we have nothing to contrast the positives with, and as such, we have no positive feelings. It is important to have negativity, as it helps us grow, develop and generally become better people. Embrace negativity.
I think every single person in Year 12 underestimates how hard A levels actually are, and (not meaning to brag) but medical applicants are really smart people, you could have easily put minimal effort into GCSE and got great grades, i know, i did. Heres the important part: If you do not put the effort into revision, you will not get the grades.
I cannot stress this enough people, if you revise and do your best, you will get the grades, if not, you will be disappointed after this january exams. Love Dr.B
Heya, I'm so excited, my UCAS is going off soon as well. I just wanted to say your tablet drawings made me laugh so much. When I went on a placement I walked round in scrubs like I owned the place. I swear they're just pjs. Did you attend medlink in nottingham by any chance?
I did actually yeah :) i’m just waiting for replies with bated breath.
Interesting fact: Sterile services (where they clean scrubs) has had to increase their security after people started stealing scrubs to wear as PJs and exercise in
Basically my application is finished, i imagine that by tomorrow it will be gone, its hard to believe that my involvement is basically over in my application, so one schools’ interviews start in November, so i could be getting a response for them soon. Another sends out an online interview that has to be completed, so that will be good, at least i will be doing something! And my last choice doesn’t even do interviews, so it will be interesting to see what happens from them. Wish me luck people!
I got 92%, which translates to an A* grade, I am understandably very happy with this grade, even if it is just a test. I’m not pretending that i’m going to get an A* - i’d be over the moon with an A, but this type of confidence boost is exactly what i needed.
I seriously love your blog; I am since this week an ex-undergrad medicine applicant but I REALLY hope you achieve your place in medical school!! :D
I’m really sorry you have to put the ex- there, maybe next year? All through last year i thought my chances of getting into medical school where appalling (i got BCC in my January exams), but it all turned out all right in the end! I really hope you get into medical school at one point (or if you’ve changed your mind on your course enjoy that one!) and thank you :)