My plan for today:
RS essay on sexual ethics - should be ok, got plenty of decent biblical quotes Chemistry questions on carbonyl groups/carboxylic acids/esters/benzene Chill
My thoughts on Haematology:
You get to learn about the life force of all of us, its like the midiclorians of star wars or some shit - blood that is You get to learn about transfusion science, is there anything cooler then taking something from one person seperating it into its components then slapping it into something else - AND IT WORKING??? Its so varied, you could deal with anaemia or lukemia, its a varied field that...
You know you want to be a doctor when...
You start thinking about Haematology when you wake up in the morning.
Anonymous asked: you are strangely sexy, why
Anonymous asked: Msg me on Yahoo Messenger right now my SN is helenertlOO121161
Anonymous asked: No, I'm doing neuroscience, but I got to go up to the medical school to look at a brain and it's great up there. I've also spoke to quite a few first and second year medics in the union, and they love it :)
Anonymous asked: Keele is lovely! You'd love it here :)
My Cheeky A* in Chemistry
If there is any proof that hard work pays off - this is it, i got 91%, and i am DAAAAAAMMMNNN happy!
My Mock A
In the Succession test, when we scaled it up to UMS, i got an A! Fantastic! Got a chemistry test tomorrow as well. I’m sad!
My "AAAAAARRGGHH" Moment of Today.
Got a letter today, opened it, and my god i saw the word “interview” ripped open the letter and it was just an acknowledgement letter. So excited- such a bring down.
My Love for Medical Ethics
Is there a more interesting and applicable area of ethics? I think not! I seriously have so much love for learning medical ethics. I’m thinking of intercalating in it. Medical ethics is so cool people!
Foreheads of men have bled where no wounds were.– Wilfred Owen - 1917 on the topic of shellshock.
My Two Tests
This week I have a biology test on Thursday on Succession, and then on Friday I have a test on Acylation. It’s going to be a tough week, but it will be worth it :).
anothergenericbeing-deactivated asked: 8,32,38
1. Why medicine?
2. Favourite medical/ health related drama?
3. Favourite documentary?
4. Favourite law of science?
5. Confess something.
6. What was the last thing you learnt?
7. Which field of medicine fascinates you the most? Why?
8. Which speciality of medicine would you least want to enter? Why?
9. Post your favourite science related GIF.
10. Do people consider you to be a "nerd"?
11. Favourite quote.
12. What is your view on euthanasia?
13. Recommend a book.
14. Favourite Pokemon.
15. Least favourite part of the human anatomy.
16. The person who "asks" this shall name an organ of the human body. Write your response.
17. Do you believe in evolution?
18. What do you think of the human reproductive system?
19. Ask the person who asks you this question - a question. (:
20. What is your view on stem cells.
21. What do you think about abortion?
22. Ever been involved in a protest? Explain.
23. There are many statements in the world that confuse us all and could possibly be a lie. In this case: " There are seven other people who look like you in this world." Do you believe this?
24. Many people would dislike working on the Gastro- ward. We're all human. Would you?
25. Define the enthalpy of combustion.
26. What's your view on the education system?
27. What does "Schrodinger's cat" mean to you?
28. 1+1 = ?
29. Define your love for something in one sentence.
30. Why does "E=mc2"?
31. Favourite scientific icon.
32. What would you do if you found out you had an inoperable tumour and had six months to live?
33. "Favourite" Disease.
34. Recite the Kreb's cycle.
35. What is your favourite book?
36. Your view on Global Warming.
37. Favourite part of the brain?
38. If you had to lose one of your main five senses which would you choose?
39. Imagine if a a person falls unconcious on the street. You are walking by. Would you run to help and do life saving cpr if necessary? OR A person has been stabbed in the leg. Would you help them knowing the scene is unsafe for you?
40. Create a bar / pie chart. What would it be about?
41. Do you have any Sodium Hypobromite?
42. Favourite science related blog.
43. What else do you love besides what you're studying?
44. Have you ever wanted to conduct a science experiment? If so, what?
45. Why is stress such a risk factor for other health issues?
46. Nano,Giga,Milli, Mega.Micro,Tera,Kilo,Pico. -- Name the "powers of 10" for these prefixes.
47. Balance the equation NaCl + SO2 + H2O + O2 --> Na2SO4 + HCl Using The Algebaric Method.
48. How beautiful is the universe?
49. Pick Two - Intelligence, Beauty, Money, Family.
50. Favourite hormone.
51. Love me.
52. Compliment yourself.
53. Favourite troll face.
54. Biggest pet peeve.
55. What would be your ideal lifestyle?
56. Biggest dream?
57. Any regrets?
58. Current book you're reading.
59. If you could live on any planet which would you choose?
60. Any advice?
All I think about is my career, I’m becoming a recluse. I have never wanted something so much in my entire life. I want to save lives and meet new people everyday and help people through the worst times of their life. I’m obsessed.
anothergenericbeing-deactivated asked: I love how this part of your page is named "Asked the doctor". Anyways. You posted a picture of you holding something related to the Student BMJ? May I ask what it was? I heard about people subscribing to the site but wasn't sure what it's all about. Thank you. (:
Negativity (as in negative events) makes us who we are, with out negativity, we have nothing to contrast the positives with, and as such, we have no positive feelings. It is important to have negativity, as it helps us grow, develop and generally become better people. Embrace negativity.
My Advice for a Medical Applicant number 2.
Are you in Year 12? Good news! I can help. I think every single person in Year 12 underestimates how hard A levels actually are, and (not meaning to brag) but medical applicants are really smart people, you could have easily put minimal effort into GCSE and got great grades, i know, i did. Heres the important part: If you do not put the effort into revision, you will not get the grades. I cannot...
rambling-medic asked: You have a talent. Bravo
louisainscrubs asked: Heya, I'm so excited, my UCAS is going off soon as well. I just wanted to say your tablet drawings made me laugh so much. When I went on a placement I walked round in scrubs like I owned the place. I swear they're just pjs. Did you attend medlink in nottingham by any chance?
My Graphics Tablet has arrived, prepare for...
It just arrived, watch out for new drawings.
My Student BMJ arrived!
Will most definitely be reading through this tonight!
My Ucas? GONE!
Thats it! My UCAS is gone! My involvement in my application is effectively over until an interview (hopefully!). I’m really excited, and i know its going to be tough but we shall see!
My reference is COMPLETE
Basically my application is finished, i imagine that by tomorrow it will be gone, its hard to believe that my involvement is basically over in my application, so one schools’ interviews start in November, so i could be getting a response for them soon. Another sends out an online interview that has to be completed, so that will be good, at least i will be doing something! And my last choice...
Buying a graphics tablet...
As you can probably see i do enjoy the odd doodle. As such, i’m buying a graphic tablet, as it will hopefully make the drawings a little better!
Last weeks Chem test
I got 92%, which translates to an A* grade, I am understandably very happy with this grade, even if it is just a test. I’m not pretending that i’m going to get an A* - i’d be over the moon with an A, but this type of confidence boost is exactly what i needed.
iamdeltapositivenegative-deacti asked: I seriously love your blog; I am since this week an ex-undergrad medicine applicant but I REALLY hope you achieve your place in medical school!! :D
What happens when I get ill.
I retreat into my bedroom and feel sorry for myself, I wish I had the strength of women to work throughout an illness. Damn you man flu!!!!!!
These doctors are absolutely appalling, I cannot believe they are getting away with this. Completely missed bowel cancer even after the fella said there was blood in the stool. Appalling.
Channel 4 Tonight
Dispatches: Can You Trust your Doctor? Should be interesting, medical applicants assemble!
Putting so much effort into my homework now.
I’ve realised just how devastated I’ll be if I get an offer and then fail to meet the requirements, I can do this I need to!
Dr. Britain's weekend with Nurse England
Just been to visit a friend my girlfriend who is studying Nursing up in Carlisle, uni life looks amaaazingly fun! It was great to see her, and its made me all the more excited for next year.